Monday, October 26, 2009

Disclosure by Michael Crichton

Book Details
Disclosure by Michael Crichton
Paperback, 512 pages
1994, Ballantine Books
ISBN: 0345391055

Synopsis
A brutal struggle in the cutthroat computer industry; a shattering psychological game of cat and mouse; an accusation of sexual harassment that threatens to derail a brilliant career.

Review
I'm always in awe of Michael Crichton. His works are just so diverse. Dinosaurs, gorillas, spaceships, diseases, and this time female-on-male sexual harassment and computers. I liked this book much more than the movie version I saw many years ago. I always liked the story, but Demi Moore rubs me the wrong way (and that was even pre-Ashton Kutcher). Both the role reversal sexual harassment and the IT/virtual reality aspects are very much still relevant 15 years after the book being published. I was surprised at how good this book was after seeing the movie.

Rating

Links
Michael Crichton's website

1 comment :

  1. My mom said she liked the movie and I love Michael Crichton's books. I'll give this one a try. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete