Friday, October 30, 2009

Storm Front by Jim Butcher

Book Details
Storm Front by Jim Butcher
Paperback, 336 pages
2000, Roc
ISBN: 0451457811
Series: Book 1 in The Dresden Files

Synopsis
My name is Harry Blackstone Copperfield Dresden. Conjure by it at your own risk. I'm a wizard. I work out of an office in midtown Chicago. As far as I know, I'm the only openly practicing professional wizard in the country. You can find me in the yellow pages, under Wizards. Believe it or not, I'm the only one there.

With rent past due and a decent meal becoming an issue of some importance, Harry needs work, and soon. A call from a distraught wife, and another from Lt Murphy of the Chicago PD Special Investigation Unit makes Harry believe things are looking up, but they are about to get worse, much worse. Someone is harnessing immense supernatural forces to commit a series of grisly murders. Someone has violated the first law of magic: Thou Shalt Not Kill. Tracking that someone takes Harry into the dangerous underbelly of Chicago, from mobsters...

Review
I wasn't expecting much from Storm Front. I owned the book for a while, but continued to put off reading it. I see now what a mistake that was. This book was a fast paced, easy read that I just could not put down. Wizards and potions and mystery and humor, it was like Harry Potter but with the possibility of someone having sex. I'm so glad I gave this one a try and can't wait to get started on the rest of the series.

Rating

Links
Jim Butcher's
Website
Twitter

1 comment :

  1. Wow. Fab review. I want to read this now. Thanks for the heads up. :D

    ReplyDelete