Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The Main Corpse by Diane Mott Davidson

Book Details
The Main Corpse by Diane Mott Davidson
Paperback, 384 pages
1997, Bantam Books
ISBN: 0553574639
Series: Book 6 of Goldy Schulz

Synopsis
An exceedingly wet spring in Aspen, Colorado, seems to have dampened the need for a caterer, so Davidson's caterer-sleuth Goldy Schulz is not in a position to refuse her friend Maria's urging to cater a reception for Prospect Financial Partners' wealthy investors at the Eurydice Gold Mine. Despite risks of rock and mud slides from the saturated ground, Goldy grimly hauls her equipment up into the mountains--only to witness Maria openly engaged in verbal warfare with one of the company's partners over the validity of an assay report on the mine's prospects. When that partner disappears the next day with more than $3 million in investor funds and the other partner-Maria's current boyfriend--also goes missing, Maria is arrested on suspicion of murder. Goldy, of course, is determined to help despite the active discouragement of her policeman-husband.

Review
I really wish I had read The Main Corpse earlier in the series as it answered so many questions, some of which I didn't even realize I had. The mystery was easy to figure out but the story itself was exciting and full of suspense. I had actual tears in my eyes by the end of the book. The Main Corpse was thrilling, emotional and definitely one of the very best books in the Goldy Culinary Mystery series.

Rating

2 comments :

  1. I have enjoyed books in this series in the past -- and I think I remember reading this one. This author creates terrific characters.

    ReplyDelete