Sunday, January 3, 2010

Definitely Dead by Charlaine Harris

Book Details
Definitely Dead by Charlaine Harris
Paperback, 352 pages
2009, Ace Trade
ISBN: 0441018297
Series: Book 6 of Southern Vampire Mysteries

Synopsis
Sookie Stackhouse once tried to keep her mind-reading capabilities secret, but the word is definitely out in Bon Temps, Louisiana, her hometown, leading local police to call on her to help find a missing child. There's a new man, were-tiger Quinn, in the picture, too, but on their first date, two were-people attack them. Sookie isn't sure whether she or Quinn was the target but is soon distracted by a more pressing problem. Cousin Hadley, a vampire, has been murdered, and Sookie has inherited her apartment, meaning she has to go to New Orleans to uncover the mysterious circumstances surrounding the death and meet with Hadley's lover, the Vampire Queen herself.

Review
Definitely Dead is full of truly shocking revelations. There is so much going on in this novel, it's surprising how easy it is to follow all the action. Each mystery had a conclusion that completely surprised me. I'm not quite sure about this Quinn fellow, but at least his character is interesting. I absolutely loved all of the focus on Queen Sophie-Anne. It looks like we'll be seeing a lot more of her, which I'm really looking forward to. Definitely Dead is definitely a stellar Southern Vampire novel.

Rating

Links
Charlaine Harris' website

3 comments :

  1. I loved this book, this series is so good. I can't wait to read the next one. I want Sookie & Eric together fooooorever. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed this book, but it definitely was not one of my favorites. I never really every come to love Quinn. I am all about the vampires! :P The Queen-politics will play a heavier role from here on out. :)

    ReplyDelete