Saturday, March 27, 2010

Inside Out by Maria V. Snyder

Book Details
Inside Out by Maria V. Snyder
Paperback, 320 pages
2010, Harlequin
ISBN: 037321006X
Series: Book 1 of Inside Out

Synopsis
Keep Your Head Down.

Don't Get Noticed.

Or Else.

I'm Trella. I'm a scrub. A nobody. One of thousands who work the lower levels, keeping Inside clean for the Uppers. I've got one friend, do my job and try to avoid the Pop Cops. So what if I occasionally use the pipes to sneak around the Upper levels? The only neck at risk is my own…until I accidentally start a rebellion and become the go-to girl to lead a revolution.

Review
Inside Out started out a bit slow for me. There was a lot of background information I needed to learn in those first few chapters and I began to fear that the book would be on the boring side. I almost gave up on it and put the book aside. Sometimes learning about an entirely new set of rules for a world can be hard and I'm very glad I gave it a few more chapters.

Trella, Riley and Cog are great characters and I enjoyed learning the differences between the Uppers and the Scrubs right along with them. Inside Out's ending shocked me. It came out of nowhere and yet made perfect sense. I could never have imagined anything like where this story took me. The surprise made reading through the slightly complicated set-up totally worth it. As for what's to come, the possibilities are endless and I will be impatiently awaiting the release of Outside In.

Maria Snyder has created a tiny, yet detailed world in Inside Out. The book was imaginative, entertaining and best of all, completely unexpected. Inside Out has contains one of the very best plot twists I've had the pleasure of reading in many years. You need to read this book.

Rating

Links
Maria V. Snyder's
Website

14 comments :

  1. I love a shocking ending. Color me intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review, I am so glad you liked it :) I have a feeling this book is going to be one of the best I'll read this year. I am a huge fan of Snyder and I love her Study Series! Have you ever read anything else by Snyder? If not, you should really read The Study Series :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting review! I had ordered this for our library, and was curious about it. I'm looking forward to reading it,myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like my sort of book--- and I know what you mean about learning the parameters of a new world--- some authors are better at conveying that in an interesting user-friendly way.

    Lesa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay!! I have this to review in the next month so I'll be reading it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, nice! I love plot twists with a passion. I've got to read this one - everyone says it's amazing!

    Emidy
    from Une Parole

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really liked Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder (not so much the other two in the series) but I might just have to try this one, it sounds good!
    nice review!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't realize Maria V. Snyder wrote that, she is a really good author. Though I have heard similar comments to yours about this book. Great review!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have this to read and after reading your review I can't wait to start but I will be prepared for the slow beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohh, the shocker of and ending totally make me want to read this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVED the plot twist and also really loved Riley! So glad you stuck with it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved this book and cannot wait for the sequel!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My sister has bought this book and has finished it in 2 days! Now it's my turn to read it!*-*

    ReplyDelete
  14. :O I'm going to add this to my wish list. I love your review, spoilers-free yet so.. ok i can't find the word.

    ReplyDelete