Monday, March 7, 2011

Shifters in Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter

Larissa from Larissa's Bookish Life is visiting us today to talk about shifters in the Anitaverse.

I LOVE Shifters! Well, Vampires were my first love in the paranormal world, but more and more I have been leaning toward favoring shifters. Wolves, panthers, leopards... I love them all!

The Anita Blake series has such a varied plethora of animal shifters and I really love the fact that LKH doesn't discriminate and has also Hyenas, Snakes and Swans shifters in her books and that just makes the Anita Blake world that much richer for me.

Yes, I have a thing for the ALPHA males like Micah and Richard and can help but swoon over the less alpha ones like Nathaniel and Jason, but I also really enjoy reading about the other species of shifters and their political structures. They fascinate me like nothing else can and I can't help but be enthralled more often than not.

Even the creepy and villainous shifters are interesting, like Gabriel and so many others. You get sucked into that world and you don't really want to come up for air until the crazy ride is over. I LOVE THAT!

The Anita Blake series is full of hot men and yes, a lot of those are vamps, but the shifters rule in my book and I can't get enough of them!

What about you? Do you enjoy the shifters in the AB series? Which are your favorites?

No comments :

Post a Comment