Thursday, July 14, 2011

Forever by Maggie Stiefvater

Book Details
Forever by Maggie Stiefvater
Hardcover, 400 Pages
2011, Scholastic Press
ISBN: 0545259088
Series: Book 3 of Wolves of Mercy Falls

Synopsis
In Maggie Stiefvater's SHIVER, Grace and Sam found each other. In LINGER, they fought to be together. Now, in FOREVER, the stakes are even higher than before. Wolves are being hunted. Lives are being threatened. And love is harder and harder to hold on to as death comes closing in.

Review
I really enjoyed Shiver and Linger, the first two books in the Wolves of Mercy Falls series. I was highly looking forward to Forever, hoping that this final book would take the best of the previous two and become something even better. Unfortunately, as it is with most trilogy enders, Forever didn't end this story in a way that satisfied me.

Linger left the story off in a crazy, tense place which I'm sure made other series fans, like it did me, anxious for this next book. It was one of those cliffhangers that made it impossible not to wonder what would happen next. Forever never really got my emotions ramped up to that level, and the last book in a trilogy, that's kind of necessary. Even while the wolves are being hunted, I never felt scared for the characters.

Things kept falling into place, which wrapped all the lose ends up nicely, but never let you worry for too long. I appreciate that the story made sense as a whole and they it progressed in a realistic way, but the wasn't much in the way of raw, powerful emotion. I anticipated something more, which I expect will be the case some other series fans as well.

I dislike loose ends when a series finishes, but I actually would have liked Forever more if it had been a bit messier. Everything was so neatly ties up that it lost some of its thrill for me. Forever is a good book, but it didn't blow my mind like expected.

Rating

Links
Maggie Stiefvater's
Website
Twitter
Facebook

No comments :

Post a Comment