Wednesday, July 27, 2011

I Need a Book Like . . . The Other Boleyn Girl

I Need a Book Like . . . is a new feature on Reading with Tequila. I'm an eclectic reader which causes me to often read out of my comfort zones and preferred genres. Because of this, when I come across a book that totally surprises me by its awesomeness, I often don't know enough about the genre or subject matter to do a good job choosing books like it to continue exploring the genre or theme. When this happens, I'll post I Want a Book Like . . . and humbly ask you guys to share your expertise in these areas.


For this first edition, I've decided I Need a Book Like . . . The Other Boleyn Girl. I haven't read a lot of historical fiction and was blown away by The Other Boleyn Girl. I especially enjoyed the the fact that some of the characters were very well known to me even though I haven't studied much history. I also liked that much of the subject matter was more risque than I would have expected in a historically based book.

So, what I'm looking for are suggestions for a book like The Other Boleyn Girl. Something historical, based on well known figures (doesn't necessarily have to be royalty), that makes you realize that people were truly effed up, even back then.

Can you help me out?

No comments :

Post a Comment