Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Reader Confessions: I Feel Obligated to Sell Something I Didn't Enjoy


"Oh goodness, I need to confess.  A contemporary romance author was having a contest to be a member of her "cheerleading squad".  25 people were to be chosen to help promote her new series of books.  Yeah!  I was chosen. 

First things first, I had to read the book.  I did.  But I barely finished.  I didn't like it at all and now I have to promote it!  Well, not true, I could do nothing and call it a day, but I feel obligated.  500 applications were submitted to this author and out of those 500 mine got picked!  I can't just sit on my ass & do nothing. 

Ugh, so I wrote a review, then I rewrote it, then rewrote it again cause my hubs said it was too negative and made me feel some serious guilt over it. 

So, I guess that's my confession.  I feel obligated to "sell" something that I didn't myself enjoy, and to be quite honest I don't know how to do that."
-Jenn3128



Doing a bit better, I think. Edited out the more rambling parts.

Thoughts? Agree or disagree?

Do you have a confession?

No comments :

Post a Comment