Thursday, January 5, 2012

It Takes a Witch by Heather Blake

It Takes a Witch by Heather Blake
2012, Signet
Series: Book 1 of Wishcraft Mysteries

Synopsis: Darcy Merriweather has just discovered she hails from a long line of Wishcrafters - witches with the power to cast spells by making a wish. She's come to Enchanted Village to learn her trade but finds herself in the middle of a murder investigation...

Why read: ARC tour review

What impressed me: It Takes a Witch takes a fabulous new look at witches. Instead of being able to do spells of all kinds, its witches are specialized through their hereditary lines. The most interesting line in Enchanted Village is Wishcrafters, those who make peoples wishes comes true. Main character Darcy being a Wishcrafter and having to grant any statement that begins with "I wish" makes for huge possibilities for the future of this series. This novel has a double mystery, neither of which I foresaw the resolution to. And the familiars! And the love interest! And the surprise twist ending! I could go on and on. It Takes a Witch just wowed me.

What disappointed me: Not a thing. An absolutely perfect series starter.

Recommended: Most definitely. Paranormal cozy mystery fans will fall in love with Darcy Merriweather and Enchanted Village.

Continue series: Good lord, yes. You couldn't stop me if you tried.

No comments :

Post a Comment