Thursday, July 12, 2012

Blue Diablo by Ann Aguirre

Blue Diablo by Ann Aguirre
2009, Roc
Series: Book 1 of Corrine Solomon

Synopsis: Corine Solomon is a handler. When she touches an object she instantly knows its history and its future. Using her ability, she can find the missing, which is why people never stop trying to find her. Like her ex-boyfriend Chance, who needs Corine's gift to find someone dear to them both. But the search proves dangerous as it leads them into a strange world of demons and sorcerers, ghosts and witchcraft, zombies, and black magic...

Why read: Heard good things about the series.

What impressed me: I'll admit, I didn't have high hopes for Blue Diablo. After reading Enclave, I started to doubt the constant praise I'd head about Aguirre's writing. Luckily, I read this anyway because I became engrossed immediately. I love Corine's ability and how there are unexplained aspects to it. I also loved her discovery of the extent of the supernatural community and how that comes into play in this story.

What disappointed me: Not sure the relationship issues between Corine and Chance were necessary. Especially since there seems to be an inevitable triangle forming with Jesse.

Recommended: Absolutely. A wonderfully fresh urban fantasy novel.

Continue series: Definitely. Loved this book and can't wait to read the next.

No comments :

Post a Comment