Monday, June 17, 2013

Reached by Ally Condie

Reached by Ally Condie
2012, Penguin
Series: Book 3 of Matched

Synopsis: After leaving Society to desperately seek The Rising, and each other, Cassia and Ky have found what they were looking for, but at the cost of losing each other yet again. Cassia is assigned undercover in Central city, Ky outside the borders, an airship pilot with Indie. Xander is a medic, with a secret. All too soon, everything shifts again.

The Good: I was highly impressed with how much Cassia has grown up since Matched. I suppose a lot of that was caused by the happenings in Crossed, which proves that the book was slightly more then filler after all. I loved that Reached returned to the society we learned about in the beginning. That the inevitable battle, The Rising, was happening from the inside - sort of bringing the trilogy full circle. I found myself wavering back and forth between Ky and Xander, sort of wanting Cassia to pick both but knowing she couldn't. I really liked that I had trouble deciding.

The Bad: It's over and I'm sad. I wish Cassia had wavered as much as I did in choosing which guy to be with. And the ending - while more realistic than most, it didn't really give a satisfying conclusion to the trilogy.

No comments :

Post a Comment