Saturday, September 25, 2010

Why I Love Neville Longbottom

Why I Love Neville Longbottom

When reading the Harry Potter series, I found the most relatable one for me to be Neville Longbottom. He was shy, didn't really have any good friends, he was just there, a person in the shadows. Neville was the guy who had this whole interesting back story but nobody had any time for him. I felt bad for Neville and I was absolutely fascinated by him as a character.

One thing I absolutely loved throughout the whole Harry Potter series was that we were shown this boy Neville, who just appeared at the most random times. He was always a loyal guy to his friends and just seemed to be a bit of a klutz.

I think that if I was at Hogwarts, Neville would be the kind of person that I'd be friends with, he's dependable and he just happens to help out in completely unexpected ways.

I have to say that in the fifth book when it was hinted that Neville could've been "the one" I was secretly hoping that in the end it would be Neville who came out of the shadows and saved the day. Unfortunately this didn't happen. But at the same time Neville shone in his own way and became a different sort of hero and that is why I love Neville Longbottom.

3 comments :

  1. Yes, yes, yes, hurray for Neville! Harry couldn't have done it without Neville and didn't he grow and change as a character. There was definitely a reason the Sorting Hat put him in Gryffindor. Great choice for character love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neville is LOVE!
    I think that even though he wasn't in the Trio, he was still part of the inner circle, much as Luna and Ginny.

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love Neville - I think of all the non-major characters he has the most interesting character development. Great post!

    ReplyDelete