Thursday, February 24, 2011

Outside In by Maria V. Snyder

Book Details
Outside In by Maria V. Snyder
Paperback, 336Pages
2011, Harlequin
ISBN: 0373210116
Series: Book 2 of Inside Out

Synopsis
Me?

A leader?

Okay, I did prove that there's more to Inside than we knew.

That a whole world exists beyond this cube we live in. And finding that led to a major rebellion—between worker scrubs like me and the snobby uppers who rule our world. Make that ruled. Because of me, we're free. I thought that meant I was off the hook, and could go off on my own again—while still touching base with Riley, of course. He's the one upper I think I can trust. But then we learned that there's outside and then there is Outside.

And something from Outside wants In.

Review
Oh my word. I thought Inside Out had mind blowing twists and turns. Outside In went well beyond even my wildest hopes for a sequel. I never knew what was going to happen. The only way to describe the plotting is to call it diabolical.

There is a certain wickedness in the way Outside In is written. For every shocking discovery and stunning reveal, the perfect plans of the characters are thwarted and they have to begin again. While it leads to edge of your seat tension, I can't help but think that Maria V. Snyder likes torturing both her characters and her readers alike.

Outside In is so much fun to read. Revisiting with Trella, Logan, Riley and the rest of the Insiders was wonderful. Watching them attempt to create a brand new society from scratch was incredible. The shifting alliances, never knowing who was on Trella's side at any given moment, gave the novel a deeply paranoid feel.

Outside In concludes the story started in Inside Out. All questions have been answered and the story ends in a satisfying and complete way. I would love to see another book in the series, but it wouldn't be necessary. Outside In brings perfect closure to a phenomenal story.

Rating

Links
Maria V. Snyder's
Website

No comments :

Post a Comment