Sunday, February 13, 2011

You Need Your Book Girlfriends!

Love isn't always about lusty romance. A good friendship is filled with love. And if you can have a book boyfriend (or 6), why not a book BFF? Book girlfriends are those fantastic characters that you not only love reading, but also wish you could have as your own best friend. The ones you'd love to hang out with, talking over coffee or dancing on a bar together.


My two book BFFs are Milagro de Los Santos from the Casa Dracula series by Marta Acosta and Betsy Taylor from the Undead series by MaryJanice Davidson. It's just a coincidence that they're both vampires. Or maybe I'm subconsciously drawn to fun female vamps. Both are funny and look at the world in a different way than most. Both are laid back and perhaps a bit flighty at times. Milagro is definitely the girl who'd dance on bars with me. Betsy might, but she's more likely to be the one I'd call to help my fashion-impaired ass find the perfect shoes to go with the outfit I couldn't pick out for myself either. Both Milagro and Betsy are friends I'd definitely want to have.

Do you have book girlfriends? Who are your book BFFs?

No comments :

Post a Comment