Friday, October 28, 2011

Best Ghost Scares in Books and Film


Ghost Books
For the longest time, I steered clear of anything to do with ghosts or haunted houses. I've recently been giving them a second chance and found myself surprised to have been completely wowed by a few.

Best YA:
The Ghost and the Goth series by Stacey Kade
Dead Rules by Randy Russell

Best Adult:
Dark and Disorderly by Benita Harris
The Women of the Otherworld series by Kelley Armstrong
The Downside Ghosts series by Stacia Kane

Ghost Movies
While I wouldn't go near a ghostly book for many years, I continued to watch the films. I would have sworn that I hated every ghost movie I had ever saw, but I would have been wrong. When I thought "ghost movie" I always thought something along the lines of The Amityville Horror. While many love that movie, I couldn't stand it. Turns out, many of the movies I love are ghost movies but I never even realized it, even when the word ghost was in the title.

Thir13en Ghosts (2001)
Beetlejuice (1988)
The Shining (1980)
Saturday the 14th (1981)
Waxwork (1988)


No comments :

Post a Comment