Thursday, October 27, 2011

Best Shapeshifter Scares in Books and Film


Shapeshifter Books
Shapeshifters have never really done it for me. I once considered them my least favorite of all the creatures. Only in the past few years have I been willing to give them another chance. I found that my problem wasn't with the shifters, exactly, but how they were written. When done right, with the character taking on true characteristics of the animal they become, shapeshifters can be a lot of fun. A well researched animal makes me a happy reader.

Best YA:
The Nightshade series by Andrea Cremer

Best Adult:
Women of the Otherword series by Kelley Armstrong
Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter series by Laurell K. Hamilton
The Haven series by Kalayna Price

Shapeshifter Movies
Like their literary counterpart, shapeshifter movies have never been my favorite of the horror genre. Because of that, my list of favorite shapeshifter movies is comprised of movies that have some shapeshifters in them, rather than movies that focus solely on the creature.

Underworld (2003)
Trick 'r Treat (2009)
Stan Helsing (2009)
The Monster Squad (1987)
Van Helsing (2004)


No comments :

Post a Comment