Sunday, October 30, 2011

Best Serial Killer and Slasher Scares in Books and Film


Serial Killer/Slasher Books
I've read some very good serial killer fiction, and a ton of books that were mediocre. I grew up on slasher films and have yet to come across a novel that can manage to be both scary and mysterious. While not scary, serial killer mysteries have always been one of my favorite genres.

Best YA:
I can't think of a single outstanding serial killer/slasher young adult book. If you have suggestions, please leave them in the comments.

Best Adult:
The Liv Bergen series by Sandra Brannan
Dominance by Will Lavender
What Alice Knew by Paula Marantz Cohen
The Women's Murder Club series by James Patterson
Mortal Fear by Greg Iles

Serial Killer/Slasher Movies
My late teen years were spent devouring slasher films and they've been my guilty pleasure ever since. While I enjoyed the darker classics like Halloween and Friday the 13th, I've always been partial to the more upbeat (if that's possible in these type of movies), slightly campier movies of my youth.

Scream (1996)
Urban Legend (1998)
Se7en (1995)
Sorority Row (2009)
Hatchet (2007)

No comments :

Post a Comment