Monday, July 2, 2012

Hellforged by Nancy Holzner

Hellforged by Nancy Holzner
2010, Ace
Series: Book 2 of Deadtown

Synopsis: A demon is stalking Vicky's dreams-just as several of Deadtown's zombies are viciously attacked and become really dead. And when Vicky realizes she is the only connection between the victims, she suspects that the demon is somehow working through her dreams to become Deadtown's living nightmare.

Why read: Received for review

What impressed me: I was surprised to find that I liked Hellforged more than Deadtown. Vicky becomes more endearing as we learn more about her and see her with her aunt, and we get to understand why she is the way she is.

What disappointed me: I still don't love the dream aspect of Vicky's abilities and would rather see her utilize her shifter ability more often than she enters dreams to fight demons.

Recommended: Yes. Hellforged is even better than the first book.

Continue series: Yes. I wasn't sure after reading Deadtown, but Hellforged has made me want to experience more of Vicky's world.

No comments :

Post a Comment