Friday, June 29, 2012

Deja Dead by Kathy Reichs

Deja Dead by Kathy Reichs
1998, Pocket Star
Series: Book 1 of Temperance Brennan

Synopsis: Forensic anthropologist Dr. Temperance Brennan has finally planned a weekend off to explore Montreal. But when an unidentified female corpse is discovered meticulously dismembered and stashed in garbage bags, her weekend plans--and her life--are turned upside down.

Why read: Reading the series and somehow I missed this first book.

What impressed me: I loved this introduction to the series and Tempe's life. Reading it so many years after actually starting the series, I was surprised to see how many small details about her life were spelled out, but only alluded to in later books.

What disappointed me: I'm not sure I would have kept reading this series if Deja Dead was the first book in the series I read. Tempe's in Montreal and I have never really enjoyed her cases there.

Recommended: Yes. Not the most compelling Temperance Brennan mystery, but lays the groundwork for the rest of the series.

Continue series: Yes and so glad I did.

No comments :

Post a Comment