Monday, November 19, 2012

Darkly Dreaming Dexter by Jeff Lindsay

Darkly Dreaming Dexter by Jeff Lindsay
2006, Vintage
Series: Book 1 of Dexter

Synopsis: Meet Dexter Morgan, a polite wolf in sheep's clothing. He's handsome and charming, but something in his past has made him abide by a different set of rules. He's a serial killer whose one golden rule makes him immensely likeable: he only kills bad people. And his job as a blood splatter expert for the Miami police department puts him in the perfect position to identify his victims. But when a series of brutal murders bearing a striking similarity to his own style start turning up, Dexter is caught between being flattered and being frightened -- of himself or some other fiend.

Why read: I really like the TV series.

What impressed me: Dexter is wholly unique. He's such an awesome, messed up, while still being logical, creeptastic, yet average, character. I completely love the entire concept of this series and this first book promises lots of wacky serial killer mayhem in the future.

What disappointed me: I watched the show first, which is always a big mistake. The book is great, but I missed out of reading it without any preconceived notions. Totally my fault, but still a little disappointing.

Recommended: Absolutely.

Continue series: Definitely.

No comments :

Post a Comment