Wednesday, November 21, 2012

One, Two, Buckle My Shoe by Agatha Christie

One, Two, Buckle My Shoe by Agatha Christie
1987, Berkley

Synopsis: Why on earth would a successful and happy dentist commit suicide? Leave it to Hercule Poirot to drill the doctor's patients...and to assuage the numbing fear that another murder will follow.

Why read: I'm reading all of Christie's mysteries.

What impressed me: This book was crazy. The story felt a little dated, but the plots twists were better than most modern books and movies. Things were very unexpected and continued to get crazier to the very end.

What disappointed me: The only real problem with this book was that is was a little difficult to get into, given the not so interesting victim. A dentist? Sort of boring. The story eventually made up for it, but I could see many people giving up on it before getting to the more exciting parts.

Recommended: Yes, a decent, not as well known, Agatha Christie mystery.

No comments :

Post a Comment