Thursday, May 23, 2013

Summer TV: What I'll Be Watching

I have no idea how people survived back when new TV was a fall and spring only affair. Did they actually go outside and socialize? Perish the thought. Read? Binge on movies? I vaguely remember having a life. Somewhere back in the late 90s, pre-kids and pre-DVR. As long as they keep pumping out quality TV all year long, I will never have to return to those dark ages.

True Blood - June 16 - Finally. Anna Paquin's (Sookie) pregnancy forced production from 12 episodes to just 10 this season and I am not pleased. But I'll take less True Blood, rather than no True Blood at all. This is the one summer show I make an effort to live tweet each week.

Under the Dome - June 24 -  I'm super excited for this. I watch everything Stephen King and am rarely disappointed. The book has been on my TBR since before it was released, but I just haven't found the time for the 1000+ pages. Regardless, the premise is awesome and I can't wait.

Dexter - June 30 -  The last season. I'd be more excited for this if I wasn't still playing catch up. I started watching Dexter late, probably around season 4, so I'm still finishing up last season. I'll be caught up by the time this airs and the final season will be the first I get to watch live.

Camp - July 10 - I'm not 100% sold on this but I love everything to do with summer camp (former counselor, here) and this this definitely has potential.

What are you planning on watching this summer?

No comments :

Post a Comment