Saturday, October 24, 2015

As Above, So Below, The Gallows, Dead Air and Hocus Pocus

October Horror Movie Challenge Day 24

As Above, So Below (2014)

Why I Watched:
Free Admission: Enter at Your Own Risk Theme Night

What I Learned:
  • Found footage. Boo. I'm so over this entire style. 
  • If there is even a slight possibility that a doorway leads to hell, do not enter that damned door. 
  • If they had explained why it was necessary to go into the catacombs, I would care that everyone is dying. Maybe.
  • All I really know is she didn't want the treasure. Good way to ensure that - don't go into the catacombs at all. 
  • I probably missed a plot point that explains everything, but found footage is scattered and unreliable storytelling.

Rating:

The Gallows (2015)

What I Learned:
  • God damn it. This is found footage too. Can we please put a stop to this obnoxious madness?
  • I really liked the premise of this. They just couldn't make it work with the found footage. 
  • Why is no one questioning why someone has to carry a camera around documentary style? That doesn't happen in real life.

Rating:

Dead Air (2009)

What I Learned:
  • Terrorism through zombies. We all know that's inevitable.
  • Some action, but mostly reaction to learning of events.

Rating:

Hocus Pocus (1993)

Why I Watched:
Rewatch

What I Learned:
  • I watched this as a kid, but seem to have no memory of it whatsoever.
  • I don't quite understand the massive Halloween love for this one. Must watch? Why?
  • It's in no way bad, I'd just rather watch Halloweentown.

Rating:

No comments :

Post a Comment