Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Dead Snow 2: Red vs. Dead, Citizen Toxie: The Toxic Avenger IV, Nightbreed, Unfriended and Nurse 3D

October Horror Movie Challenge Day 7

Dead Snow 2: Red vs. Dead (2014)

Why I Watched:
Blood and Snow Theme night

What I Learned:
  • Really appreciate the quick recap of the first movie here
  • Giving mouth to mouth to a zombie is always a bad idea
  • Norwegian guy risks his life and girls chant USA, USA. Typical.

Rating:

Citizen Toxie: The Toxic Avenger IV

Why I Watched:
Lloyd Kaufman

What I Learned:
  • There is so much shit in this movie. Literal shit.
  • Interesting. Movie claims Lincoln was bipolar. Google confirms. I learned something from a Troma movie.
  • Ron Jeremy makes a surprisingly fantastic mayor.
  • So, Bizarro Toxie just runs around killing random people?
  • And why are Cow Man's udders on his crotch? Udders are nipples. C'mon now.
  • Oh, hey, Corey Feldman. As a doctor.

Rating:

Nightbreed (1990)

Why I Watched:
Clive Barker

What I Learned:
  • I'm convinced Clive Barker sees things others don't.
  • If the body is fresh, why are there flies?
  • I love the simple creepiness of the mask.
  • Pro Tip: Decorating your hostages in Christmas lights before torturing them makes the entire event more festive.

Rating:
Unfriended (2014)

What I Learned:
  • "What is a troll?" Shouldn't these kids know?
  • This film style (with the Skype and messaging and all) works better than I expected. This is fairly creepy. 
  • That is definitely not how you play I never

Rating:

Nurse 3D (2013)

What I Learned:
  • This is less about killing cheaters and more about hating men.
  • She's not fun serial killer like Hannibal or likable serial killer like Dexter, she's just obsessively creepy
  • The final action scenes are kind of cool, but they don't really make up for the rest of the movie.
  • You can really see what they intended to be 3D

Rating:

No comments :

Post a Comment