Thursday, October 22, 2015

The Entity, Lavalantula, Freddy vs. Jason and The Last Days on Mars

October Horror Movie Challenge Day 22


The Entity (1982)

Why I Watched:
Book of the Dead Theme Night

What I Learned:
  • No backstory whatsoever. First 5 minutes, attacked by haunted house when living there a while. Weird.
  • If crazy things keep happening, why don't you see a psychiatrist? If you were truly crazy, you wouldn't notice this shit.
  • Rapist ghost? Rapist demon? Rapist invisible man? All we actually know is this woman keeps getting raped by something 
  • And the doctor doesn't believe her. Awesome. She's "crazy" and managed to bite her own chest.
  • She's being raped on a continual basis, so let's give her tranquilizers. Because crazy. Yeah, that's the answer.
  • I know this is 1982, but this is absolute bullshit.

Rating:

Lavalantula (2012)

What I Learned:
  • I love Syfy made for TV movies. No shame here.
  • I want to see Steve Guttenberg in everything. All Guttenberg, all the time.
  • People always find their loved ones scattered throughout a town in a crisis. I can't find my teen in a mall.

Rating:

Freddy vs. Jason (2003)

Why I Watched:
Rewatch

What I Learned:
  • Series-wide recap for Freddy. Effectively done. 
  • Weird that they keep referring to Freddy as a child murderer instead of a child molester.

Rating:

The Last Days on Mars (2013)

What I Learned:
  • Well, that was depressing.

Rating:

No comments :

Post a Comment