Wednesday, October 14, 2015

The Babadook, Camp Massacre, The Killing Floor and Chained

October Horror Movie Challenge Day 14

The Babadook (2014)

Why I Watched:
Attics and Basements Theme night

What I Learned:
  • I would lose my mind if I was this kid's mom.
  • I get that the kid is a handful, but the mom isn't even trying. Fireworks, weapons, like he's 6, take that shit away.
  • I hate the mom. I hate the kid. I wish this Babadook would just kill them and be done with it.
  • This mother is the worst. One person is actually nice to her awful kid and she's a bitch to her.
  • If you're becoming mentally unhinged and you know it, perhaps driving with your kid in the car isn't the best idea.

Rating:

Camp Massacre (2014)

What I Learned:
  • Groupon reference. Because, modern. 
  • I'm a fan of nudity in movies, but have a reason. Random solo shower scene is completely unnecessary.
  • Nevermind. Solo shower girl has been killed. Nudity warranted. Carry on.
  • Homage to Psycho shower kill. Tried to up ante with gore. Results in ridiculousness.
  • Fantasy of a naked woman "seductively" dragging a granola bar along her body. Not sure I can handle this movie.
  • Dr. Buffcock. I can't with this movie.
  • Girl brings her own defibrillator and turkey leg to a one night stand. Like, what?

Rating:

The Killing Floor (2007)

What I Learned:
  • Guy moves into new apartment, has housewarming party, meets nice lady. Still waiting for weird/suspenseful/anything.
  • This isn't horror. It's mystery/suspense/thriller. Decently twisty, but was expecting scary. Thanks for nothing, IMDB

Rating:

Chained (2012)

What I Learned:
  • You have to be pretty confident to allow your captive to stitch up your face.
  • Gotta hate when your captive starts growing a pair a good 8 years into captivity. Damn ingrates.

Rating:

No comments :

Post a Comment