Saturday, October 3, 2015

The Happiness of the Katakuris, Sleepwalkers, Reality Terror Night and From a Whisper to a Scream

October Horror Movie Challenge Day 3

The Happiness of the Katakuri (2001)

Why I Watched:
You'll Never Check Out theme night
Musical / Rock ‘n Roll Horror
Japanese

What I Learned:
  • 2 minutes in and this is some weird shit.
  • Dead body . . . and they're singing
  • I'm scared. Let's dance. Oh, and sing some more while we bury this body. Because that's what people do.
  • Dude professes love having never spoken to her. Like middle school. Then dancing. Unlike middle school.
  • Best dancing zombies since Thriller

Rating:

Sleepwalkers (1992)

Why I Watched:
Based on a Novel
Cinema Inspired By: Stephen King

What I Learned:
  • Ohh, one of those carpet broom roller things my grandmother had. You just don't see those things anymore
  • My grandmother never danced with her carpet broom like that, though.
  • Ok, this mother/son dynamic got super gross real quick
  • Incest isn't sexy. Why are you trying to make it sexy?
  •  If a guy tries to kill you, you do not feel bad for him when you hurt him. Stop it. Idiot.
  • Cat and cop scene may be the saddest thing I've ever seen. 
  • Holy hell, is that Ron Perlman??
  • These cat people are phenomenal with convenient weaponry
  • Some kick ass Enya music in this movie.

Rating:

Reality Terror Night (2013)

Why I Watched:
I thought it sounded awesome (spoiler: I was wrong)

What I Learned:
  • Nipple close-up 2 minutes in, then blood splashing the screen as if they forgot to turn the 3d on. I'm worried
  • "The real 411 was 2M2H." Ugh, things are going downhill fast.
  • Babes & Ghosts - Sadly, I think this could actually have an audience in the real world
  • Do men really get out of the car and shake their hair like women in conditioner commercials?
  • A stripper pole makes it a party bus. Those are the rules.
  • Apparently, you can only hunt for ghosts in bikinis.
  • My mistake - clubwear, not bikinis. They're hunting ghosts in clubwear. 
  • Oops, wrong again. Clubwear for publicity photos, bikinis for ghost hunting. Duh. 
  • Blink and you missed it kills are boring. Where is the terror?
  • Wow, that was awful

Rating:
From a Whisper to a Scream (1987)

Why I Watched:
Angelo Rossitto
 Jeff Burr
Anthology Film
Killer / Evil Child

What I Learned:
  • Yawn. Another boring movie.
  • "I gave you the power to eat glass and metal." Gee, thanks.
  • Children speaking in unison is always creepy

Rating:
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments :

Post a Comment